Friday, March 27, 2009

L'Oreal EverPure Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner: A Review

March 27, 2009 8:36 pm

L'Oreal EverPure Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner: A Review

I’ve worn short hair most of my adult life, and most people would think that short hair is low maintenance and would not need as much care as those long tresses. That is just so wrong. Sure it dries faster than long hair and would probably need less time to style and all that, but short hair like mine (and especially my style) would require a dedicated precision-cutting hair stylist who can texturize the cut and give it a piecey look. My hair is colored too, I go to my colorist every 6-8 weeks or so, and I’d been looking for hair care products that not only would take care of my hair but would also preserve the color and shine of my color-treated tresses. L’Oreal EverPure Sulfate-Free Color Care System just about provides every hair care product needed to protect and care for color-treated hair. EverPure is also a complete sulfate-free color care system that frees your hair from harsh surfactants, sulfates, and salts that can strip and dull your hair. Instead of strong chemicals, EverPure uses gentle naturally-derived surfactants that cleanse hair without compromising on lather or luxury.

L’Oreal expounds on why this hair care system is different from the many others out in the market:


What’s the Breakthrough?
Research shows harsh sulfates, surfactants and salts can strip and fade color and dry hair. So L’Oreal takes them out. Instead, EverPure features new cleansing technology that utilizes the brand’s rich heritage in hair expertise to deliver outstanding color protection and a new experience in daily care.

In place of harsh ingredients, EverPure features an Anti-Fade System of shampoos and conditioners that protect and care for your color each time you wash and condition, making beautiful, vibrant color last up to 32 washes. The EverPure collection is the first to feature this combination of ingredients and brings incredible quality and expertise tot he mass market.

My Take:

I took the two products (Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner) to the test, and I am impressed with these.

Upside: The shampoo lathered up real well and doesn’t have a cloying scent. Instead, it has rosemary, juniper and mint extracts to energize and invigorate the senses (perfect for those half-awake morning showers!). What I also like about these products is that they feature both UVA and UVB filters to protect the hair from UV rays. Also, animal lovers, you will love the EverPure system as well as it is 100% vegan- it is not tested on animals and has no animal by-products.

I loved how smooth and shiny my hair looked after washing with EverPure. I have a very sensitive scalp and usually, most new commercially available shampoos with harsh ingredients would make my scalp itch. Not so with EverPure. I believe this is an indication that it is indeed sulfate-free and bereft of harsh surfactants and salts that can ruin the shine and vitality of my hair.

I am not sure about the anti-fade system because I need to have freshly colored hair when I roadtest this. I will follow through with this and will let you know. I can’t wait to try it again though because I am due to see my colorist pretty soon.

The downside is that I believe the EverPure Moisture variant is not for me because I have limp, fine hair. EverPure however has three shampoo and conditioner variants: Moisture, Smooth and Volume, so I believe the latter would be perfect for me. I will try it and we’ll see how it goes.

Availability:

L’Oreal Paris EverPure Sulfate-Free Color Care collection is available February 2009 at www.lorealparis.com and chain drug, food, and mass market retailers in the US.