Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Cory Mineral Makeup Haul and Review

Cory Cosmetics is one of my favorite mineral makeup companies. It’s not popular with the mainstream makeup consumers, but it is the mineral makeup enthusiast’s little secret. The foundations are amazingly full coverage, and yet it doesn’t look cakey but creamy if you apply it right (Hint: less is more). Also, it is the most concentrated mineral makeup I’ve ever tried (and believe me, I’ve tried quite a number). A crumb (or granule) or two are all you need for one application. That also explains why the samples are miniscule. They are in such tiny baggies, but one blush baggie will probably last you 2-4 weeks of daily application. I hardly even made a dent on blush samples I bought over a year ago! The samples are less than fifty cents each, and if you buy a lot to experiment with, I guarantee you they will last for years (and since mineral makeup doesn’t expire except when exposed to heat, water and humidity, that’s pretty good news). Also, the blushes last all day on my cheeks. Seriously. The mica blends also give this pretty shimmer that is quite alluring.

I just received my outrageous number of blush samples from Cory. I also believe she added free samples in my loot, because I saw several blush and bronzer samples that I didn’t order in my haul. The samples are best sprinkled on a swirly bowl (a condiment or salsa container) and applied with a stippling or duo fiber brush. Cory has mica blends and mica-free blushes. The latter ones are matte, but they are tiny pigment bombs that totally scream color. The staying power is awesome, and it’s best to buff it in with a kabuki or flat-top brush to give the most natural flush.

If you’ve been following this blog, I used several Cory blushes during my recent trip to California. I loved a number of these that I bought full sizes of the blushes, as you can see in the picture above. They are reasonably-priced, and I am sure this will last me a lifetime, because I only need to apply a miniscule amount for every use. They’re gorgeous. These are the colors that work well on my skintone, and the finish and texture are awesome, as you can see in the swatches.

As I said in the previous entry, I love Cory foundations. They are concentrated, but the finish is flawless and very creamy, not uber-matte. I am Beyond Cream in Cory, but I bought samples of the new Deep Yellow shades, and I believe I am a mix of Deep Yellow Medium and Deep Yellow Deep.

Wanna see my mug wearing Cory foundation? Check it out HERE and HERE.

Last but not the least, I got full sizes of shadows that I will be using as a lid color. I have been in love with Baked since last year when I first got a sample, and I told myself I would get a full size someday. Well today is that day. It’s beautiful khaki color with pearlescent shine, and it would be a great eyelid color to make the eyes more awake and refreshed. Beige Frost describes itself via its name, and it’s a lovely crease and highlight color.

There you have it, my Cory Cosmetics haul. Watch out for looks using these minerals.