Monday, May 11, 2009

Purples and Pinks using Cory and Aromaleigh Mineral Makeup, and MAC Eyeshadows

Here’s a pink and purple look using some of my MAC eyeshadows. I particularly used the Heatherette Trio 2 palette. This is one of the palettes I use regularly because the colors are so pretty, especially Baby Petals and Cassette- they are really great highlight and crease colors.

I also used my new foundation samples from Cory Minerals. I already have full-sizes of Cory mineral foundations in Beyond Cream and Carmel Cream. Beyond Cream is my closest shade, but Cory recently launched new “Deep” Yellow shades that I thought would maybe suit my skintone better. I ordered the samples and I just got them. They are not really deep, in fact, some of them run really light! I love Cory’s foundation, though- it is so creamy and it is the most concentrated mineral foundation I’ve tried - a very miniscule amount is all you need for full-coverage, flawless finish.

In this look, I tried one layer using straight Medium (not in photo). It looked way too light, so in the next layer, I used a 50-50 mix of Medium and Deep. It looked a lot better. I was a little disappointed that I needed to mix Medium and Deep to come up with my perfect shade, but I really liked the result, so maybe it’s not so bad to mix after all.

How I applied Cory mineral foundation for this look: I sprinkled a TINY bit on a swirly bowl, swirled my flat top brush in the bowl till all the minerals are tucked in the hairs of the brush, applied the minerals dry, then spritzed my face with MAC Charged Water, and buffed the product in using my flat top brush. I applied two layers of the foundation (very miniscule amount for each layer).


I used Cory blush in Punchie as blush. It’s a matte blush, so I added MAC Summer Rose beauty powder on top of the blush for a subtle shimmer look.

I used Estee Lauder lipstick in Midnight Rose.

CORRECTION: I used MAC dazzleglass in Rags to Riches, not MAC lipglass in Nico Now.

Here’s a step-by-step illustration. All products MAC unless otherwise noted.


Apply Butternutty shadestick all over lid and browbone and lower lashline. Blend with finger. Apply Fresco Rose paint pot on the lid using a fluffy shader brush.


Using Loew Cornell Maxine’s Mop 3/8″ brush (or 239 brush), apply Aromaleigh eyeshadow in Soulmate foiled using Charged Water on inner two-thirds of the lid.


Using a fluffy shader brush, apply Parfait Amour on crease.


Using the Sonia Kashuk blender brush, apply Nocturnelle on crease and outer V. Blend with the 224.


Using the Sonia Kashuk blender brush, apply Cassette on crease, blending into Nocturnelle with the 224.


Apply a little bit of Parfait Amour to blend with the darker crease colors using the Sonia Kashuk blending brush.


If necessary, add some more Cassette to contour the crease.


Using the 227 brush, apply Satin Petals on the browbone to highlight.


How it should look so far.


Apply Urban Decay 24/7 liner in Zero on waterline and to tightline. Using the smaller crease/detail brush of Essence of Beauty, apply Swish on inner lower lashline.


Apply Cassette on outer lower lashline.


Apply Blacktrack fluidline on the upper lashline using the Sonia Kashuk bent eyeliner brush.


Apply Revlon lashes in Flirty.

Face:
Monistat gel as primer
MAC Prep + Prime Refined Skin Zone on t-zone
Cory mineral foundation in mix of Deep Yellow Medium and Deep Yellow Deep
Urban Decay 24/7 concealer on undereye area
Dayna’s Rested mineral concealer on undereye area
DreamWorld Whipped Creme (finishing powder) in Butterscotch
Cory mineral blush in Punchie
MAC Summer Rose beauty powder

Lips:
Softlips lip balm
Estee Lauder lipstick in Midnight Rose
MAC Rags to Riches dazzleglass

Last but not the least, Happy Mother’s Day to all mothers! I hope this day was filled with laughter, fun, love, and remembrances of how special you are.