Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Bare Escentuals Mineral Eyeshadow Swatches

I went to the Planet Beauty store in Chino Hills, CA and played with some of the makeup there, particularly that of Bare Escentuals. I have several of their glimmers and glimpses (mineral shadows), but it was the first time I’d swatched several of them at the store. I swatched mostly neutrals that I’d like to get samples or full sizes of, especially the lid colors. I believe the eyeshadows are some of the best, if not the best, products from Bare Escentuals (I know, several Mineral Veil fans would object to this!). These swatches were applied dry with no base, but as you can see in the photos, the hues are rich, vivid, texture is smooth and clean, and the colors are gorgeous.

I have full size jars of Queen Tiffany, Desire, Pure Gold, and Celestine, but I want full jars (or even generous samples) of Bare Skin and Coconut Palm. They are gorgeous! I also have several others like Summer, Morocco, Rio, Amazing Amanda, Radiant Rebecca - basically the classic shades, but I lost track of some of the newer, even the limited edition shades.

Bare Escentuals enthusiasts, which shadows and blushes do you recommend?