Monday, April 6, 2009

Soft Smoky Eyes Using Stila Smoky Eye Talking Palette

April 6, 2009 8:06 pm

Soft Smoky Eyes Using Stila Smoky Eye Talking Palette

Hello lovelies! Here’s another look using one of my recent purchases. For this look, I used the Stila Smoky Eye Talking Palette and Stila Red Carpet Look #3. I’m liking the colors in this look. I made the look softer than the usual smoky eyes we envision because I wore this during the day. If you are thinking of using the Smoky Palette on a night out, you can easily make the application a little more dramatic.

I used MAC Layin’ Low paint pot on top of Butternutty because when I first tried Stila Kitten, it was a bit too sheer and gritty for my taste. Layin’ Low made Kitten adhere better on my lid and created a smoother canvas for the eyeshadows.

I also used 3N lipstick for this look. I love the N collection. It might be a bit boring to some, but this is one collection where I reach for the colors regularly, unlike others which can languish in my dresser drawer for months before I remember to use them.

I also used Enough Said beauty powder blush from the MAC Red She Said collection. In this collection, Stark Naked was the star product and more popular than Enough Said, but my warm colouring complements the beautiful warm tones of Enough Said.

I used Jouer lipgloss in Pink Sand, one of the prettiest glosses that I have. It’s such a beautiful peachy pink gloss.


I used Refined MSF on top of the blush.

Here’s a step-by-step illustration. All products Stila unless otherwise stated.


Apply MAC Butternutty shadestick all over lid and browbone, brows and on the lower lashline. Blend with finger. Apply MAC Layin’ Low paint pot on the lid using a fluffy shader brush.


Using Loew Cornell Maxine’s Mop 3/8″ brush (or MAC 239 brush), apply Kitten on the lid.


Using the MAC 224 brush, apply Puck shadow on crease.


Using Sonia Kashuk blender brush, apply Kettle on the crease and outer V. Blend Puck and Kettle using the 224.


Using the same Sonia Kashuk brush, apply Ebony to contour crease. Blend using the 224.


Apply more Ebony to deepen the crease. Apply MAC shadow in Brule on edge of shadows above the crease using the 224 to soften harsh lines.


Apply champagne color (Base) in the Smoky Palette on the browbone using Stila No. 5 brush. Apply Kitten on inner lower lashline, and Ebony on outer lower lashline using MAC 219 brush. Apply MAC Penultimate liquid liner in Rapidblack on upper lashline. Apply Urban Decay 24/7 liner in Zero to tightline and on waterline. Apply Revlon falsies in Flirty. Apply mascara.

Face:
Monistat gel as primer
MAC Prep + Prime Refined Skin Zone on t-zone
LaurEss mineral foundation (Minimalist formula) in mix of Pure Yellow and Soft Yellow (50-50 mix)
MAC Studio Sculpt concealer in NC20
Dayna’s Rested mineral undereye concealer
DreamWorld whipped creme in Butterscotch (finishing powder)
MAC beauty powder blush in Enough Said
MAC Refined MSF on top of blush

Lips:
MAC tinted lip conditioner in Pink Fish
MAC lipliner in Whirl
MAC lipstick in 3N
Jouer lip gloss in Pink Sand